Hearing impairment can occur to anyone regardless of age, gender or health. Losing one of the major senses can adversely affect the quality of life considerably. Taking all of this into consideration, it is extremely recommended that you get your hearing checked regularly, no matter your age. While most people visit the ENT only after signs of a problem, regular checkups can lead to early diagnosis, detailed analysis and overall better treatment. Visit one of the best ent hospital to schedule a regular hearing check-up to detect the gradual changes before the onset of any conditions. In this blog, we delve into a few reasons for regular hearing check ups and how to avail of them easily.
Why Get Regular Hearing Checkups?
Among the various reasons to get regular ear checkups, the following five stand out the most:
- Early Diagnosis: With regular checkups ups, specialists can easily detect any hearing conditions before further progress. This assists them to treat the condition better by early intervention.
- Prevention: As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”, regular ear check ups can identify issues like ear infections or hearing loss and help prevent it.
- Maintenance: A log of regular checkups can allow specialists to diagnose any deteriorations better and maintain hearing health accordingly.
- Increased Quality of Life: The quality of life can be increasingly dependent on a person’s hearing health, as many irreplaceable parts of life are dependent on sounds. Perfect hearing health can boost confidence in life, social interactions and overall well-being.
Reduce cognitive decline: Hearing may be avoided in the first place by timely intervention and quality treatment. This prevents any further effect on the brain which could have led to cognitive decline.
How Often To Get Hearing Checkups?
Just like any other part of your healthcare routine, hearing tests need to be scheduled similarly. Following are the recommended frequencies according to age:
- In the case of adults, they should get a hearing check-up once every ten years up to 50 years of age and then every three years.
- For children, hearing tests must be conducted once at birth and at regular intervals henceforth.
- Many people are exposed to noisy environments or loud sounds as part of their daily lives or work. They should go in for more frequent hearing check ups than the average adult.
Hearing is an extension of our experience of the world, and the loss of this sense can prove to be immensely emotionally taxing. Preventing permanent hearing loss is quite easy with proper care and regular hearing tests. In case you are experiencing any symptoms of hearing loss, you should book a consultancy immediately.
As one of the top hospitals in nagercoil, we offer comprehensive hearing screenings that help you rule out hearing loss from a list of possibilities. Our experienced ENT specialists are more than able to carefully conduct the required tests and procedures to give you an easy assessment of your hearing conditions for the best recuperative treatment as necessary. Contact us today to schedule a hearing exam with us!